Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dolly Parton Christmas



We have an abnormally large collection of Christmas movies. Every year starting around Halloween we start watching them. We watch each and every one at least once. Some get watched a dozen times.

This year we added a couple to the collection but my favorite new one is White Christmas. I don't know how I've lived these 32 years without seeing it. It's not for everyone since it's a musical, but I love it, love it, love it.

This morning I was flipping through the channels and was thrilled to find Smoky Mountain Christmas on. There's just something about about Dolly Parton singing and Christmas and Mountain Dan that draws me in. If this movie is on, I must watch it. It matters not that the movie has a weird, evil witch lady in it. I can look past that for Dolly's sake.



Now that I think of it, I kind of like a lot of musicals. I just like the Dolly Parton one's extra.

Hey Mom, remember when I was little and told Preacher Ronnie that Best Little Whorehouse in Texas was my favorite movie? I still love that one, too.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I remember that! Crack me up!!!

Mom said...

Oh how I remember that!! I thought Ronnie was going to die laughing. And I just wanted to crawl under a table somewhere!! You had good taste in movies even way back then!