Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Christmas Tradition




There is a store in Ozark, MO called Boomland Square that hosts a Christmas open house every year around the middle of November.

They sell all sorts of home decor items and collectables, but during Christmas time they decorate tons of Christmas trees in all sorts of themes and sell thousands and thousands of ornaments.

They also personally serve everyone from a huge buffet of wonderful food and deserts as far as the eye can see.



My mom and I started going to the open house shortly after I got married. Our first year she bought me a beautiful set of crystal snowflake ornaments.



After that it became a yearly tradition for me and mom to go to the Boomland open house together, and she always spoiled me with a new set of ornaments to add to my collection.



When I put my tree up each season, these ornaments remind me of my special tradition with my mom and I wish that we were able to still do this.

I also wish I could remember the details around each ornament. What year was this one? What were we wearing? What did we eat? What did the store smell like? What did we talk about? Who did we see while we were there?

It's the details of life that I want to focus on. I want to capture and soak up every single moment so that I can revisit them whenever I want.



Photobucket

2 comments:

mom said...

I miss and love you so much

Donna B. said...

Beautiful ornaments! I love Boomland Square too! :)