Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Montanta Road Trip

Once a month I have to drive to Montana for my work.

If there's a prettier drive in this country, I don't know where it would be. The Northwest is like driving in a postcard.



This river runs along the Interstate. The water is getting high due to the snow melt off.



There are 2 essentials on an early morning road trip. Coffee and music.
That's Jim's leg. He goes on the road trips with me.



On the way there we listened to Jim's iPod. Since he spent his formative years in the 80's that's what's on his. I got music control on the way home. My iPod is a mish-mash of whatever I'm feeling at that moment. I extend no music loyalty.

This is my favorite tree in the whole world. I love that it stands high above the others, watching over the lake like a great forest king.



Whoops! Sorry little guy.



As we reach our highest point of the journey, crossing Lookout Pass, the road gets steep and curvy. I don't know why, but this seems to be when Jim is at his all time highest speed. I think he secretly times himself on these trips to see if he can beat his previous times.



On the way there we stopped about halfway at a McDonald's for a quick breakfast bite. I got a sweet tea.


I only drank that much, and darn if I didn't have to pee like 20 minutes later.

The trip home is much the same with the exception of this sign.


I love it.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Two words for ya.... Nice unit!

Alan and Connie said...

I love the way you have done your blog. The pictures make me want July to hurry and get here!!