Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Klopeks and Powertools

Last year we set out to fix up the inside of our home. It's an older home and needed (needs) many updates. The exterior was ignored completely.

If you've seen the movie "The Burbs" then you recall the Klopek house. That's what we're talking about here. It was sad. We were the only house on the street without a sprinkler system (those are huge here). Every home around us, even Crazy Lady's and Hippie Lady's, were lush and green. Ours was just dirt.

This year we have a plan.

*Block out the White Trashies and dogs with a privacy fence. (Check)

*Install sprinkler system. (That's what the Jims will be doing this Friday)

*Paint over the current pukey gray tan color.

*Landscape, landscape, landscape.

I have been incredibly tempted to buy flowers and vegetables already, but last year it snowed into May, so I am refraining. Impatiently.

Yesterday I had the landscape bug, bad. I drove to the store and walked around the plants with admiration and longing. Actually I've done that the last 2 days. I came home with only a tomato plant to put into the Topsy Turvy I had previously purchased.

My desire to landscape didn't stop there. I decided to prune the plant in our front yard. I have no idea what it is, but it's thorny.

Jim gave me this to do it with.



What the heck was he thinking?


Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Really, he just gave that to you, was he feeling ill?

Angie said...

I kept 90% of my digits, so we're calling it a success.

Lynn said...

I sure hope you didn't lose one of your middles, that would be a shame!

Alan and Connie said...

I'm surprised Jim let you play with his tools!!