Sunday, April 5, 2009

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits



There are a lot of copy cat recipes out there for Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I've tried several of them, and this is the one that I think comes closest.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Bisquick
6 Tbsp butter, divided
1 cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
3/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
pinch of salt



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Before I start, I like to cut 4 Tbsp of the butter into pieces and place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes. You want it very cold.

Combine the bisquick with 1/4 tsp garlic powder and the cold butter.



If I had a pastry cutter, I would use that to cut the butter into the dry ingredients, but I don't, so I use my hands. I like to use both hand to break apart the butter until it's about the size of peas. It'll look something like this.



Add the milk and cheese. Spoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. I like to use my pizza stone so I don't accidently burn the bottoms.



Bake for 15-17 minutes.

Meanwhile melt 2 Tbsp of butter and mix in 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, pinch of salt, and 1/4 tsp parsley flakes.



Use a pastry brush to put the melted butter mix on each biscuit. Serve while hot.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Yummy, I so love those biscuits! BTW, is that a new plate, I'm dying to know!