Monday, May 18, 2009

Turtles and Sweeties



Ingredients for Turtles:
pretzels
Rolo candy
pecan halves

Ingredients for Peanut Butter Sweeties:
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 Tbsp butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1 Tbsp shortening
pretzels

The turtles are way easy. Just place a rolo on top of a mini pretzel. Melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds then push a pecan on the top. Allow chocolate to set up again.

For the Sweeties, cream the peanut butter and butter until smooth.



Add the powdered sugar and mix until it forms a crumbly mixture.



Roll into small balls and push onto a pretzel. Refrigerate for 1 hour.



In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening for 30 seconds. Stir and continue melting in 20 second intervals until smooth.

Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Angie said...

As I have now eaten roughly 9 sweeties, I feel that I am an expert on the subject. Next time, I will add 1/4 cup Rice Krispies. Mmmmmmmmm. Rice Krispies.

Mom said...

I hope you make some of those for us when we come out there!!!