Sunday, May 3, 2009

French Dip Sandwiches



Ingredients:
4-5 lb boneless chuck roast
3 Tbsp oil
2 packages Au Jus Mix
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Rinse the roast off and pat dry. Set aside for 30 minutes to bring to room temperature.

Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large pan over medium high heat. Make sure it gets really hot.

Season one side of the roast liberally with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Place the seasoned side down in the hot oil. Season the other side.



Cook for 5-7 minutes. The oil will probably smoke and splatter a bit.



Flip and cook another 5-7 minutes.

Place the roast into a crockpot. Sometimes I have to cut the roast into two pieces to make it fit.

Mix the 2 packets of Au Jus mix into 4 cups of water. Pour over the roast.



Cook on low for 8 hours.

Pull the roast from the crockpot and shred it with 2 forks. It should fall apart very easily. Place the meat back into the juice for now.

Toast french bread (I like cheese on my sandwich) and place plenty of meat on the bread.

Put some of the strained juice into a bowl for dipping.



*I would like to acknowledge that I am aware I have the ugliest crockpot known to man. I would also like to point out that I didn't buy it. It was a wedding present.

Photobucket

No comments: