Sunday, May 10, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon



I don't care if you think you don't like Brussels Sprouts. When you cook something in bacon, it makes it good. Seriously, I didn't like them at first either, but this just works. The Jims loved these!

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh brussels sprouts (pick the smaller ones)
5 pieces thick sliced bacon
salt
pepper


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Trim the stems off of the sprouts.



Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.



Cut the bacon in pieces.



Cook the bacon in an oven safe pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.

Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon (reserving the fat) and place on paper towels to drain.

Place the halved sprouts in the bacon fat and toss around.


Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Toss around and add bacon to pan. Cook 10 minutes longer or until tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom said...

I never EVER thought I'd see the day you would eat Brussel sprouts. I'm proud of you!!!