Monday, March 8, 2010

My Life On March 8, 2010

Outside my window... It was nasty today. Cold, dark and damp.

I am thinking... I’ve been feeling rather melancholy lately and I’m tired of it. I need a surge of joy and energy. Maybe it’s because I gave up desserts. Sugar is the elixir of my life.

I am thankful for... sunlight. The winter here is almost over and we're about to say "so long" to these too short days. I'm really looking forward to early sunrises and late sunsets.

I am wearing.... black track pants, black t-shirt, and a striped hoodie.

I am creating... same stuff as last week.

I am going... to do something utterly enjoyable this week. Not sure what but I’ll think of something.

I am reading... same stuff as last week.

I am hoping... I have beautiful dreams tonight.

I am hearing... Pawn Stars. I heart Chumlee.

From the kitchen... Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (recipe coming tomorrow)!

One of my favorite things... perfectly poached eggs.

The rest of the week... Two trips to Oregon this week.

Pondering these words...

If I had my life to live over...

I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
I'd relax, I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.

I would perhaps have more actual troubles,
but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

You see, I'm one of those people
who live sensibly and sanely
hour after hour, day after day.

Oh, I've had my moments,
and if I had to do it over again,
I'd have more of them.

In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments,
one after another, instead of living so many
years ahead of each day.

I've been one of those persons who never goes
anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle,
a raincoat and a parachute.

If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot
earlier in the spring and stay that way
later in the fall.

I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.

-Nadine Stair


A picture to share...



Happy Birthday to my dear sweet Dad and Bub. Love and miss you both!!!


Photobucket

No comments: