Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Living In Hotels



On the outside, having a career that requires frequent traveling sounds glamorous and exciting, but the truth is it's a whole lot of loneliness and boredom.

At first it did feel glamorous and exciting, but after the new wears off there's not much to do except watch TV and google your heart out. That's how I discovered blogs in the first place.

Here's kind of how my hotel nights go:
Check in.
Go to room to drop off my bag.
Lysol the bathroom, light switches, door handles and remote control.
Go to work for several hours.
Come back to hotel.
Eat popcorn while watching TV (Biggest Loser right now).
Blog (or read other people's blogs).
Talk on the phone for a little bit.
More TV, more computer, maybe a little paperwork mixed in.
Wash my face and brush my teeth.
Sleep.

Don't get me wrong. I love what I do, and I actually really enjoy traveling (most of the time). I get to see a lot of things I never would have seen otherwise, and I have met simply the most amazing people ever, but hotel rooms? Hotel rooms are soooooo boring.


Photobucket

2 comments:

m said...

Good picture of you!! Is that black finger nail polish?

Angie said...

Thanks and yes. I love, love, love black nail polish!