Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Booger Etiquette

The other day I was at an undisclosed location speaking with an undisclosed person that had a booger hanging out of their nose.

I hate when this happens.

If it's someone I'm close to then I'll just say, "Hey, you have a booger." This was not someone in my inner circle.

What to do, what to do?

I tried to be all psychological by constantly wiping at my own nose, hoping the act would be contagious and he/she would simply mimic my actions.

Nope.

I tried to ignore it while we carried on our serious conversation. Or rather while he/she carried on a serious conversation. I was having my own mental conversation about how to tactfully handle this predicament.

People, heed my warning. If you are talking to someone and they start obsessively attacking their own nose, it's a sign. It's you. You have a booger.

In the end I just avoided looking at him/her while we finished our conversation. It was just too much for me to handle.

Two days after the booger incident, I had another similar circumstance involving nose hairs.

Ughhhh. Vanity is very bad, but self awareness? Self awareness is very, very good.

As I tried to carry on yet another serious conversation amid nose distractions, I couldn't help but wonder how this person did not know he/she had hair the length of mullet bangs protruding out of their nostrils. Do they never look in the mirror?

This person is married. Where is their spouse on this one? Surely they've noticed it at some point. My gosh, it was long enough to tickle their lips.


Note to Self: Buy all my loved ones nose hair clippers for Christmas.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am so loving this blog! YES, one should heed the subtle advice of "the constant nose touch" and touch theirs as well! Doesn't EVERYBODY know this?

Alan and Connie said...

I have been known just to hand them a tissue!! They get the hint.