Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yo! Bloggity Blog Readers!

So, it turns out I'm still among the living, I just haven't felt very bloggy lately but I'm trying to get back into the groove of things.

It all started when I went on vacation last week. I didn't go anywhere. I simply gave myself permission to be ridiculously lazy for 7 days. And then it turned into like 9 days. Actually, I'm not sure I've stopped.

I finished my first attempt at sewing wearable clothing, successfully marking #27 off of the 2010 list. Here it is. It's a little wrinkled because I wore it all day.



As soon as the last stitch was in place I put it on and headed straight to JoAnn's to get a new pattern. This was just way too much fun. I knew I had to go on.

I spent at least 2 hours pouring over the pattern books. Pattern books are my new best friend. Inanimately speaking, of course. I couldn't decide between two different ones so I bought them both. Then as I was leaving the pattern area, I noticed a sign saying "Simplicity patterns - 99 cents." I got five more.

I picked out some nice fabric and left. On the way home I decided to swing into Hancock Fabrics, you know, just in case. Turns out they had some amazing fabrics on clearance. In the end I bought seven patterns and like 12 yards of fabric.



I started my second project last week, but it has pockets, and pockets are really dang hard. I have temporarily abandoned that one and I'm about halfway done with the third one now.

Sewing is cool.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mom said...

Cute as can be! The dress is too!!!

Dawnielle said...

Way too Cute! So Proud of you. My sewing machine is not going past baby blankets and baby toys.....but someday it will! Good Job!!!!!

Donna B. said...

Very cute! I've been "almost" drawn to sewing again...I have the machine out and in sight. LOL

Can't wait to see the rest of your fashions.

Angie said...

So, I was looking through old posts and realized my picture in this post makes my head look all weird. Apparently, I'm like an owl that can turn my head 360 degrees.
Don't stare.