Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tales From First Class

Yes, yes, yes, I know I disappeared and I'm sure you've been in an absolute panic as to my whereabouts. Oh, wait. You didn't even notice? Hmmmm. Well, I'm back anyway from a very long trip.

I intentionally avoid the topic of my employer and/or coworkers because, honestly, we get enough of each other as it is. I am going to make a small exception so I can explain how much I love my travel lady. She is super duper awesome and spoils me rotten. On this last trip I went on I had to endure a 3 hour flight. At first she had me booked with an airline I don't usually frequent. I very innocently joked with her that I had become soft from all of my frequent flyer upgrades and was not looking forward to 3 hours in coach. So what did my lovely lady do? She switched me to Delta so I could get my upgrades and then she sent me complimentary passes to the President's Club so my layover would be more enjoyable. I love you travel lady!

When I normally fly first class it's on relatively short flights so we don't get served meals. I was semi-excited that I would be getting breakfast on this trip. Then I got this...



Really Delta? Chex Mix cereal? Not that I'm complaining, it was just a let down. I imagined something with a little more grandeur.

This next bit is a complaint. Sorry, but I've been in and out of airports for the last 7 hours and still have 3 or 4 to go, so I'm entitled.

On my last flight (again, in first class), this lady was diagonally in front of me...



Ugh! No one wants to see your nasty foot lady, and the person in front of you certainly doesn't want it on their arm rest.

I believe the several glasses of straight vodka she consumed might have made her unaware of the unspoken rules of travel etiquette.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh Sis, you are so funny! A bit spoiled ya think? Gotta love ya!

Dawnielle said...

i do miss when you are gone. Glad you are well!

Lynn said...

Okay, so maybeI'm just uber sheltered..... but that breakfast looked crazy good to me? : )