Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Living Among Liberals

I am a conservative.

There. I said it.

I am a God-fearing, meat-eating, NRA-supporting, George-Bush-loving conservative.

I can pretty much roll with the punches when dealing with people that have conflicting views from me. I have gay friends. I know people who support abortion. I have dined with vegetarians.

I’ve even been influenced by the hippie spirit of the Northwest. I enjoy alternative music. I wear flowers in my hair. I use canvas grocery bags (inconsistently).



But I draw the line at contributing to the catch and release of bugs. Flies were meant to be swatted. Spiders were meant to be stepped on. It’s the 6th Commandment: Thou shalt not kill, except for flies and spiders. Amen.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Which store... I have to know!!!

Angie said...

Medford, OR

Samantha said...

We have too many bugs in the Ozarks to keep them all. It is kind of like deer- the only humane thing to do it kill a few of them.