Saturday, November 14, 2009

Clabber Girl



Last weekend I tried once again to bake something, and once again I screwed it up somehow. I like cooking. I've never claimed to be especially good at it, but I absolutely stink at baking...

Or so I thought.

Last weekend was the third baking recipe that I attempted that didn't rise. With much frustration I asked Jim, "Do you suppose I have a bad batch of baking powder?" He said, "When does it expire?"

I turned it over and saw this.



It expired over TEN years ago which means it was probably purchased when we first got married.

I packed and unpacked this baking powder through 7 moves. Now I can't bear to part with it. She's part of the family. Clabber Girl is like the daughter we never had.

Don't judge me.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Clabber Girl is made in Terre Haute.... just a random fact for ya! I could even get ya some more next time I go home!

Donna B. said...

LOL Angie, I've done that. My suggestion...dump the powder and keep the can. I'm sure you can make it work for you in a repurposed way without losing the sentimental can...like buying generic powder and filling the old can with it. :) I finally threw away my spices when I realized that some of them had been wedding presents 18 YEARS ago.

Angie said...

18 years Donna? You win!

Angie said...

In case you all were interested, I went grocery shopping today and my local market carries Clabber Girl. Win-Win!