Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm Tripping!



Over the last week I've been way down south in Corpus Christi, Texas. This is my second trip here and I have to say, I would loooooove to live here! My hotel is within viewing distance to the waterfront and I am seriously just about 5 minutes from Padre Island. The weather has been absolutely beautiful both times. Only one day of high humidity, but it felt comfortable like an old familiar (wet) blanket. So cozy!

I know come August I will deny having said this, but I really miss the hot Missouri summers. Washington is gorgeous, but I am so over the cold, rainy days we've had this year (again, remind me I said all this in August when I'm complaining about not having air conditioning).

One thing I do love about Washington is the lack of bugs. We have bugs, but they aren't a problem. You may only swat at 5 mosquitos all summer long and we don't have ticks, which in my opinion is a major perk. Zero humidity. Breathtaking mountains. Where was I going with this? Right. Bugs. Two nights ago I ate a bag of popcorn for dinner, something I do on nearly every trip. In the great northwest I always leave the empty bag on the nightstand then throw it away in the morning. Never a problem. In Texas, it's a problem. I woke up around 2:30 am to find a gazillion ants all over the nightstand, including on and in my laptop. Even today the darn little suckers were crawling out from under my letters as I typed away.

I was lucky enough to spend some time on the beach Tuesday AND I got to tag a new destination for #30 on the list. Yay! Sometimes it's good to have little reminders that make me see the benefits of traveling so much. I really am thankful for the blessings of my job.



Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an ant crawling up my arm.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you got to enjoy at least part of your trip!!