Monday, June 14, 2010

Bahamas - Day One and Two

Every year my company sends some of its employees on a cruise. This is the first year I have been honored to go. Last Sunday we flew all the way from Washington to Florida. That is one heck of a trip. I dare you to fly that far and not be a little grouchy. Can't happen. Not possible. Trust me. Or ask Jim, he'll tell you. We both could have beaten up any stranger that so much as looked at us wrong.

We stayed in Orlando Sunday night then drove to Port Canaveral on Monday to catch the boat.

We cruised on The Monarch of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. It's the only cruise we've ever been on so we have nothing to compare it to, but it still seemed like a very lovely ship.

This was our cabin. It may look kind of small, but I guess the rooms below us were much smaller. It was actually very comfortable, with the slight exception of the bathroom. It was so small you couldn't even dry off in there. Small price to pay for a free cruise!

Day One was all about settling in and learning the ship, and there is a lot to learn. About the time you start figuring out where everything is, the trip is over.

On Day Two we stopped at CocoCay, a private island owned by Royal Caribbean.

The island was GORGEOUS! By far the most beautiful place I have ever been. Everything is so bright and vivid. We spent the day snorkeling for the first time. I loved, loved, loved it! I am really kicking myself in the rear for not getting a water camera ($18 be darned) so I could share all of the amazingly colorful fish I saw and swam with.

The whole day was something like this: snorkel, sun, snorkel, sun, boat, nap, dinner. It was rough.

Even on vacation, Jim was germ obsessed. Maybe even more so. It took me until day two to convince him to eat from the buffet.

Day Three and Four, plus my favorite strangers coming soon!!!

Photobucket

No comments: