Friday, June 18, 2010

Hairy Men, Cornrows and Cougars

You all know I love judging people admiring the uniqueness of strangers. A cruise is the perfect playground for someone like me. People are either completely relaxed and unguarded, trying to put themselves on display, or my favorite - drunk.

It’s amazing to me, a person of relative modesty and self-consciousness, that so many people are 100% comfortable with themselves. Seriously, even though I did lay out in a bikini, I only walked away from my chair one time without putting a swimsuit cover on. And I would have, but I was walking to the pool to cool down before I had a heat stroke and I thought I might draw unwanted attention if I got in the water all covered up like a nun.

Anyway, one of the things I noticed about the guys was that they were either all puffed up, or they were oblivious to their hygiene. There was no middle ground.


I am so glad I have my iPhone because anytime I was listening to music (all week), I had a built in camera, ready for action.

And, of course, sometimes I got caught. One of the hazards of my chosen hobby.

At one of the comedy shows my eye was immediately drawn to this lady below. I'm sorry chickee-poo, but white girls can not pull this off.


I was bummed that I couldn't get a better picture of her, then SCORE! She sat right in front of me on the flight from Orlando to Denver.

The week before the cruise, John, one of my absolute favorite people in my company sent me this email:

Check out page 4 of the Life section of today’s USA Today. Patrick, Jim and I will need to tone down our boyish good looks next week.

I busted out laughing in my hotel room when I opened my paper and saw this:

Well, I don't think any of them were attacked by too many Cougars, but I don't think they were too upset considering this is what they might have been fighting off.



I wanted to bring her home with me.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Samantha said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that woman was SERIOUSLY drunk and that is the only reason she was acting that way. There is no way she would have been doing that sober!

Angie said...

I can't say for certain, but I have a hunch! This video was before she really got into it. She was only one of about 5 "cougars" on display at that time. She was just my favorite!