Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sylvandale Ranch

One of the perks to my job is that I get to attend meetings in some pretty cool places. This year we held 2 meetings at the Sylvandale Guest Ranch in Loveland, CO. You can go here to check out some pictures of the ranch.

The first time we went was in late September when the weather was still quite warm. I went horseback riding with a fun group. It's funny to watch people ride who have never been on a horse before.



Last week was a bit different. On Wednesday we woke up to a couple of inches of snow and it kept falling throughout the day. It was cold, but so very beautiful. This was the view from the window of my cabin.



I thoroughly enjoyed having a real fireplace fire in my cabin. At one point, I was alone in my cabin - just me, this fire and a good book. I could have stayed there staring into this fire all night thinking deep Angie thoughts. Eventually my roommates came home and I had to pretend to be social again.



Being in the country made me a bit melancholy. Things touched my heart there. People touched my heart.

The country brings peace to my hectic life.


Photobucket

No comments: