Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gone Country



I consider myself a country girl at heart.

A country girl that happens to live in a city. A country girl that flies on airplanes more than any person should be subjected to. A country girl that wears business clothes and has a phone glued to her ear.

But still a country girl at heart.

Jim and I went back home for a week in September and enjoyed every second of it. It was my first time home in 2 1/2 years but in a way I felt like I'd never left. Everything there is right. Everything fits and makes sense. Everything is simple.

Simple needs. Simple pleasures. Perfect.

Well except for ticks. I have not missed the ticks.

Incidently, I am the only one who walked in the fields and managed to get into seed ticks.

It's probably true that I spent more time in the fields than everyone else. I couldn't help it. I kept getting drawn to those simple things I used to take for granted.

Like cows.

God help me, I've missed cows.

The way they liesurely stroll and eat without a care in the world.



The way they playfully scuffle.



The way they make funny faces.



Cows have a fantastic sense of humor.



See?



Thanks funny tongue cow. Thanks for reminding me about the simple things.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

It's about time you blogged! I've checked ya everyday...

Angie said...

Holy cow (no pun intended), I hadn't even finished editing when your comment posted!

Mom said...

That long tongue cow by the way, his name is Gene Simmons!! Very fitting isn't it! Can't wait to see you again. Very Soon I HOPE and PRAY!