Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Day I Sexually Harassed a Sculpture



One of my days with Mom and Kayla was spent checking out downtown and all the touresty things it has to offer.

That first picture is my absolutely favorite pic of Kayla. It just seems to really capture who she is.

We were riding a historic carousel. Sounds lame but it's not; there's a game involved. While you ride, you try to reach out and grab a ring from this arm thingy that sticks out, then you have to try to throw the ring into a tiny hole on the other side of the carousel. I've ridden this silly thing twice and thrown roughly 57 rings at that tiny hole. This time I made it in. Once. But I still felt really satisfied. And grown up. Who cares that I was the only one over 15 that wasn't accompanied by a toddler?

See this picture? I look pretty hateful, but that's my game face. I was preparing a ring tossing strategy. It takes a great deal of focus.



Then Mom wanted some vacation pictures.





There's all these sculptures downtown of people running. This is a very runny area. People come from all over the world to run here once a year. I personally don't even like to run to the mailbox, but whatever.

I don't quite know what got into me this day. I guess sometimes you just feel like groping an innocent, inanimate object.



Here's another favorite pic. Kayla and I went for a ride in the gondolas that typically overlook a waterfall. This time we went up and we saw water just kind of trickling out and a bunch of trash swirling around.

So since the view wasn't worthy of our attention, we turned the camera on ourselves.


MWWWAAAAA!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You're the cutest! Looks like you had a good day! BTW, LOVE your shirt and hair wrap, too cute!

Samantha said...

Isn't Kayla just the cutest! She has always been the one over in the corner looking sweet and innocent but in reality she can hold her own with anyone!

You do not know what got into you.... I suspect that your mom or aunt would have done something like that. I bet it is a family trait. They are some of the funniest people I know.

PS- I like the head wrap too!