Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shoes From Hell



These shoes are of the Devil.

Against my better judgement, I wore these shoes on a two day trip. I took no other shoes. No alternate, in-case-of-emergency shoes.

Remember those horrible pictures of women in China, or was it Japan, that bound their feet to the point of deformity for the sake of vanity and fashion? As sad as that is, it's even sadder that I'm stupid enough to go down the same path.

One more day and my feet would have looked like this lady's.



I am a very picky shoe person normally. I have very high standards when it comes to shoes. Then once I find a pair I like, I wear them until their ultimate demise. Sometimes beyond.

Take this gray shoe, for instance. I bought this shoe maybe 3 years ago. It is a very comfortable shoe, and very rare. Finding a gray dress shoe is like finding a leprechan. They are super elusive.



This shoe is sadly near it's end. While the top is still in good condition. I have worn the heel down to a stub.



Yes, that is a nail. It makes a scratchy sound on hard surfaces and is slippery on tile, but I can't stand to part with my gray shoes just yet.

And then there's my favorites. My high heeled wing tips. I've received a lot of compliments on these old friends. Again, the tops look okay, a little scratched, but nothing some shoe polish couldn't fix.



Now let's take a look at the flip side. I can only wear these shoes when it's not raining, otherwise water gets inside through the gaping hole where the sole used to be.



Why don't I buy new shoes you ask? Number one, I hate shopping. Number two, I am ridiculously picky. I only want shoes that scream "me" and I am very complicated.

If this were a fair and just world, I would be able to wear Jim's slippers everywhere I had to go.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Mom said...

You poor thing. Those shoes looked like only 1 toe could fit in them. You do know that you can take your favorite shoes and get them fixed don't you? If you can't find anyone, mail them to me and I will have them fixed for you!!!

Samantha said...

I am with your mom. Get those cute shoes fixed. How in the world did you find that picture of that woman? That makes me shake just thinking about those toes! You think shoe shopping is hard for you.... I have a size 11 wide. Comfort is wonderful but sometimes you have to take what you can get.