Monday, July 6, 2009

Off the Beaten Path

I am so jealous of these people.



Last week we spent 4 days in Montana. We happened to drive home on July 4th. There were more rafters in Montana than there were trees in the forest.

Look how much fun they're having. This was right before one of them fell out and hit their head on a rock.



I just made that up. Because I'm jealous.

Anyway, while driving home we detoured onto a randomly selected road and ended up at some historical place called Triple Bridges. This was a curious name because there were only 2 bridges there. Actually one bridge and one train trestle.

We climbed up the hill (even though I was still in full work ensemble) to see the tracks. It seemed like a good photo opportunity so I started snapping away.



The bridge was really old (no Mom, it isn't in use anymore) so I had to be really careful. I'm incredibly accident prone. If anyone could find that one rotten board, it would be me.



I was concentrating so hard on not falling through the enormous gaps that I didn't notice Jim wander off. I called for him a couple of times but got no response. Like any good wife I yelled louder and longer in that sing-songy way that wives are good at.

"Jiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmm!"

No response but I heard some rustling behind me. I assumed it was Jim so you can imagine my surprise when I turned around to discover some big sweaty guy with no shirt on.

You should have seen me go down that hill with dress shoes on.

It was OK, he was actually a hiker and his girlfriend was behind him. I just didn't see her at first. Then Jim reappeared and we headed back to the interstate.

Sometimes I think he hides from me just to see what I'll do.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you cleared that up about the railroad tracks!!

Samantha said...

I always am excited to see your new posts. They always make me smile. I too make up stories about people. We get so many transfer kids at Branson that I often forget their situation unless I make up an interesting story about them such as they moved to Branson from Nebraska to escape their serial killer cousin. Imagine my surprise when some or all of the story I made up is true!

Angie said...

Thanks Samantha. Now I feel like a slacker for not posting in forever! I have a couple doozies coming up that I haven't gotten around to.