Monday, March 16, 2009

What defines a person's style?

What do you suppose makes a person decide what their personal style is?

At first thought you may say cultural, parental, or media influences. There has to be more to it. Two siblings with all the same influences may have vastly different styles. So what is it?

I used to put a good amount of thought into my own personal style, but somewhere along the way I lost touch with it. Now I don't know what it is. How do I find out?

Sometimes I aspire to be urban chic like this. Trench coats, funky shoes, distinctive accessories.



Sometimes I want to look like the consummate housewife/hostess. Meticulous hair and makeup, classy clothes right down to the string of pearls.





Sometimes I think it would be way cool to be a carefree hippie with headbands, oversized sunglasses and a Dalai Lama book in tow.



Somehow I'm none of these. I am in a style rut. I can't count how many pictures I have of me in a T-shirt and dockers (summer) or a fleece jacket and jeans (winter).

How did these people decide what they are? Granted 2 are fictional characters and they all have professional stylists, but you know what I mean.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I am seriously thinking you should be a prof blogger, you are right up there with Dooce Angie! Your style, super cute and chic, yep, that's you!

Angie said...

Thanks Dynn, you're pretty cute yourself!