Wednesday, March 11, 2009

365 update

Here's a brief explanation of how I'm doing Project 365.

First I bought these page protectors from Hobby Lobby. They're made to hold 6 4x6 pictures. It wasn't able to find them anywhere else. Seems like I got them in a package of 25 for around $6.


Scrapbooking itself is pretty time consuming so this was perfect for me. I only "scrap" one 4X6 block to label the week. Here are a few examples.


And then for the bottom row, I used a scrap piece of cardstock to make a blank 4x6 that I used as a backing for 2x4 journaling papers. That leaves one extra 2x4 space that I also decorate or sneak an extra picture (see Bub above) or ephemera (like the stamp and postmark that came on the valentine card from my mom below).


There's lots of ways to make this your own. I like to use a different color theme for each month to differentiate them. Whatever works. The purpose is just to jot a little something to remember each day. I certainly don't do anything entertaining every single day. Sometimes we just bum around the house or get groceries. On those days it's cool to take a picture of something around the house like your favorite clock or a stack of laundry, etc.
Just remember, this may not seem very interesting to you now, but imagine how your children will feel when they read about your day to day life 30, 40, or 50 years from now. I know I would absolutely treasure such a thing!

BTW, since I'm on vacation this week, I've had some actual craft time!! So, stay tuned, I'll be posting some cool stuff for the next couple days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat the way you do that. I love love love the picture of half your face.