Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Stinky Saturday

Today was a little on the sucktastic side.

It all started when I realized that for the second time in 4 years, I forgot to pack my makeup. Normally I wouldn't be so uptight about it. I mean, its not like I get all glammed up for these trips. But, as you are all aware, my face requires coverage right now. It is getting a little better. I've graduated from meth addict to facial chicken pox. It's quite becoming. Anyway, I went to Target lastnight, where they (of course) did not have what I was looking for, so I bought something that looked similar. Then this morning I tried the mystery product and nothing. I looked the same. So I put on more. And more. And more. Needless to say, I had to go back to Target for something with a little more oomph.

Finally, me and my heavily caked face made it to the store where they had these....



Normally I would be thrilled and tear right in, however, I have been faithfully restricting my caloric intake to 800 - 1000 per day for the last week.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!! Hold it right there.

Before you all start preaching about the need to eat healthy and not crash diet or starve myself, let me explain. I am going on a cruise to the Bahamas in 3 weeks where I will undoubtedly be wearing a swimsuit. This is a work trip (kind of), so I will be around people I work with, which I find very freaky and uncomfortable. You would do the same, don't deny it.



After the run-in with the donuts, I was excited to have an early trip home. That excitement lasted right up until the moment that they announced over the intercom that our flight had mechanical issues. My flight out of Great Falls, MT was delayed just enough that I missed my flight home by 15 minutes. Not that hanging out at SLC airport on a Saturday for 5 hours isn't cool. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Wow. I'm sounding cranky (it's past my bedtime and I'm hungry. Stupid donut pictures).

The good news is I had time to make a killer playlist which will be added to my blog sometime tomorrow.

Now I gotta go wash this cheap makeup off of my alligator face.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom said...

so proud of you for by passing those donuts. They even made me hungry just looking at the picture. Need pics of the face!!!!