Friday, May 28, 2010

Craft Room Update



I saw this adorable idea on a website ages ago and finally got around to doing it. I love, love, love patterned paper but sometimes I love it so much I can't stand to cut it up, which I know is ridiculous. I thought this idea to put it in embroidery hoops and use it as wall art was perfect for me!

Here's a little peek inside my craft room. It's nothing special, but it's my own private place to create, be messy and listen to Angie music. It's one of my favorite places to go. The decor is a work in progess as I find new ideas that I like (and actually get around to doing).








Did you notice the "Angie" on the shelf? Today I came home to find that someone had changed it...



Some people have beautiful, touching, heartfelt pet names. Jim likes to think outside the box, but it always has to rhyme with Angela (ie Turdela, Dorkela, Nerdela, etc). How sweet.

Actually, this room was still unfinished until recently. Jim surprised me by finishing all the trim work while I was away on a trip. And that really is sweet!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Samantha said...

so is the paper glued to the hoop? I thought it would wrinkle if you put it in the hoop like fabric. What is the secret?

Angie said...

No glue needed, just lots of patience! The easiest way was to lay the smaller hoop on the wrong side of the paper and trace it, then bend the paper up to kind of crease it against the hoop. After that I cut about an inch outside of the circle and made small cuts up to the circle every couple inches.