Friday, May 21, 2010

#31 - Check

The 2010 List is slowly but surely getting done. We finally ate at The Melting Pot.

I was so excited, I forgot to bring my camera. These pictures are all courtesy of my camera phone, which just does not do it justice.

On the way there I got this picture of Jimbo on the sly. A couple minutes later he saw me taking other pictures and he said to me "Don't take any pictures of me tonight, okay?" I'm posting this one anyway because, technically, I took it before he asked so it doesn't count.




The Melting Pot is crazy popular. We went there on a Sunday at 4:00 thinking, surely we are the only people under 60 that eat that early. Even then there is a 45 minute wait to be seated.

At the table our poor waitress had to school us on the ways of fondue. We were fondue virgins. There's kind of a lot to it, and Jim was more than a little skeptical at having to handle and cook raw meat. She said put it in the broth for 2 1/2 minutes, so of course Jim cooked his for about 7.

Again, I was so excited, I forgot to take pictures, but when dessert came it was just so beautiful I yelled out "don't touch it!" I had to get a photo of this.



Jim and I have different preferences with chocolate. He likes milk and I like dark, so they brought us this.



This is the stuff dreams are made of.



If the chocolate hadn't been so hot I might have licked the bowl. Okay, probably would have licked the bowl. Okay, okay, wanted to lick the bowl.



I have to give the place two enthusiastic thumbs up.
We definitely want to go back, although next time we'll more than likely just go for dessert. It was all super yummy, but I have issues with eating a dinner that's roughly the price of a car payment.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Amber said...

Their dessert is to die for! We did the same thing, tried the whole dinner then ever since just go back for dessert. It's so simple, yet it's the best dessert I've ever had. Glad you enjoyed it.

Angie said...

Hey Amber! I'm am so buying a fondue pot tomorrow!!!

Tony and Amanda French said...

It is a fantastic place. Were you guys there as long as Tony and I were? At least you got pictures. I tried and it was so dark so I couldn't.

Angie said...

It wasn't too bad Amanda. It may have helped that we eat like the elderly - while the sun's still shining!