Monday, February 22, 2010

Breakfast With Strangers

Last week I had a lengthy layover at the SeaTac airport. Seattle is a wonderful place to people watch. Since I had a lot of time I went to the food court, got a coffee and muffin and sat myself down at the only empty table in the area.

It wasn't long until I spotted this man a few tables away and out came the camera.



You know I find it my moral obligation to share these scenarios with you all in order to save you from the same fate.



Then I spotted these lovely ladies and got an instant crush on that little pink computer. I love it and need one immediately.



I was just getting my camera all warmed up when a gentleman asked if he and his daughter could sit with me since there were no other tables open.

I don't mind sitting by myself in public areas and I'm usually not interested in talking to strangers, but I try to be friendly when the opportunity presents itself. I happily welcomed them to join me.

The dad left his daughter sitting with me while he went to get their breakfast. I could tell she felt awkward because she wouldn't look at me. She looked like this.



So I started talking to her. Her name is Hailey. She and her dad live in Seattle. They are flying to San Francisco to watch the musical "Wicked" which they have seen 3 other times.

I tried to keep the conversation going which I think made her even more uncomfortable. When she started searching for her dad to rescue her from me I knew it was time for me to go.



Even though it was my table.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Donna B. said...

That's pretty funny. I love that you do the same thing...I often try to pretend like I'm texting when I'm sneaking contraband photos. :)