Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Time

I follow a handful of blogs and it always irritates me when one of them doesn't update me. I figure if I follow their blog, then I am entitled to know what's going on, or to complain if I don't. I tell you that just in case you're irritated with me for being gone a week. I understand.

But I have a really good excuse. I've been back home with my family!

I always miss my people, but I forget just how much until I spend a little time with them. What a bunch of funny, crazy, loving, wonderful people I get to call my own. I'll share much more over the next few days, but one of my favorite things this week was playing dominoes with my mom, my brothers Jeff and Bub, my sister in law Renee, and my super-friend Dynn.



We played a game called Mexican Train. I highly recommend.



We might all be a little competitive.



We've always been a "table" family. We ate almost all of our meals together at the table growing up. We've played many, many games at the table, too.



Gathering around the table enables us to connect. We laugh. We tell stories. We reminisce. We play. We bond. These are the things I miss the most.



So very thankful I was able to go home, even though it was much, much, much too short. And so thankful I grew up in a "table" home.



I need more of this table time.

(Love you guys and can't wait to come home again!)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna B. said...

So glad you got to come home and see your family! And glad you answered the mystery of "Where's Angie?"

Lynn said...

Awww, makes me teary... I miss you like SP much worse now, why must time be so short?!

Mom said...

Your visit was short, but I cherished every moment we had together. Our table time was a blast, can't wait to do it again real soon I'm hoping!!! Love you