Monday, October 13, 2008

More Books

For me, Autumn is the perfect time to cuddle up with a blanket, something warm to drink, and a good book. The last few weeks have been in the 50's which I think is just about the perfect temperature. Here are the last few books I've enjoyed:

This book was super cute. It's written from a dog's point of view about his owner. The dog (Enzo) is old and thinks back on when his human was young and how they've grown up together. He's obsessed with thumbs and watching TV. Here's a little excerpt.

I admire the female sex. The life makers. It must be amazing to have a body that can carry an entire creature inside. I mean, other than a tapeworm, which I've had. That doesn't count as another life really. That's a parasite and never should have been there in the first place.

Very cute book. I highly recommend.



I'm partial to any book about the Tudors. I have many, many, MANY books about this intriguing family.

This book was based on Queen Elizabeth's life as a child and her relationship with her father (King Henry VIII) and her sister (Queen Mary) and several of her father's wives.

I realize not everyone is interested in this era, but I absolutely loved this book.

No comments: