Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie

On Friday I went to a production of Bye Bye Birdie while I was in Boise. My friend Amanda was in it and invited me to come watch. She's the one in the middle.

Isn't she adorable?

When I lived in Springfield, MO I knew someone who was very involved in the local theatre and ballet group there so I went several times. This was the first time I had gone in about six years and the first time I had ever seen Bye, Bye Birdie.

This is a hysterical show. I laughed so hard! My mouth hurt from smiling so much, especially when they started singing this... Gray skies are gonna clear up. Put on a happy face. Wipe off the clouds and cheer up. Put on a happy face. I had no idea that song was from this play.


I had such a wonderful time. If you ever get a chance to see this, you should go. In fact, we should all go out and watch more musical theatre. It's fun and cultured and just lovely.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tony and Amanda French said...

I love these pictures. Thank you for taking some. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I'm bummed I didn't get to see you after. Oh well next time your in town we'll for sure catch up.

Angie said...

Hey Amanda! I knew you'd be busy with your fan club!!! Thanks for inviting me, I absolutely loved it. Let me know when the next one is :)

Tony and Amanda French said...

Oh I so will... I do know that if won't be until next year. We are supposed to do Hairspray. I'll keep ya posted.