Thursday, July 15, 2010

Technology Overload

As I mentioned a couple days ago, I won an iPad. I was so excited because I'm kind of dorky in that way. But as I sat on the sofa surrounded by my laptop, my iPad, iPhone and Blackberry, I realized I need a technology intervention.

The first step of the official program is tough. Deactivate your Facebook {sigh}. I have nothing against Facebook, and it enabled me to reconnect with people I haven't talked to in 15 years, but do I really need to know that someone I never talk to is eating the worst burrito they've ever had, or that someone I used to work with is stuck in traffic in a city I don't even live in? Yes, I do, which is why I was on Facebook all the freaking time.

Really, I felt the need to step back from a lot of things. Reevaluate what I do with my time. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, I will actually start doing all the things I've been wanting to do with all that extra time.


Photobucket

No comments: